the Best Percussive Massage Guns
I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say: muscle and joint pain make it very difficult to live a comfortable life.
But there is good news – I’ve gathered some great options to help alleviate your pain!
Today, I am here to show you how my successful patients have used a percussive massage gun to help:
Reduce inflammation and swelling
As a trainer and fitness enthusiast, I have created a list of the world’s top 5 massage guns for 2020 and will show you how they can help you improve your overall health… and help improve any of the symptoms you may be experiencing from the list above.
Even if you are just suffering from one or two symptoms, you’ll quickly begin to notice the benefits of percussive massage. Plus, you’ll save time and money by having an easy-to-use option to pinpoint and target the exact places on your body that are causing you dreaded aches, pains, and raw soreness.
Let’s face it – traditional massages are quite expensive and they are typically inconsistent…with a massage gun you can use it at home, bring it to work, use it at the gym, or anything in between!
Now that you understand all of the benefits of a percussive massage gun, let’s take a quick look at the top 5 massage guns that I have personally tested with clients.
1. Thrively Premium Percussive Massage Gun Review
The Thrively Premium Percussive Massage Gun holds the top position in our list. With its elite performance and ergonomic design, it is the perfect choice.
Now you can give yourself a high-end luxurious percussion massage at home without the investment of expensive professional massages. With its sleek and simple design, this massage gun is highly precise and effective.
Easy to operate, result-driven and sturdy performance, this massage gun is full of features that surpass any other available in the market, by miles.
Convenient design with 13.8 x 12. 8 x 4.2 inches in dimension, it weighs a mere 2.2 pounds that feel light when in use. Its design comprises of anti-slip material for a comfortable grip and four convenient massage head options (round, bullet, flat, fork), which allows you to reach and massage any part of your body deeply for unparalleled relief.
Further adding to its brilliance is its carbon-fiber case that offers heavy-duty protection for your massage gun. The gun and case together weigh only around 5 pounds, making it easy to take on the go.
The thrively premium percussive massage gun is full of features.
- It comes with an ultra-quiet motor that offers a high torque, reaching only 30 to 65 decibels.
- There are five different speed adjustments for you to choose, according to your needs, from 1,800 to 3,200 rounds per minute.
- It comes with four massage heads. The round, bullet head, flat and fork that adjusts to different sections of the body for in-depth massaging.
- The 15 degrees of the angled handle allows you to use it anywhere on yourself, even the back without any discomfort.
- Its single button operation offers ease of use, anytime.
- Its slip-resistant silicone grip is also able to absorb vibrations to ensure it does not slip from excessive vibrations.
- There is a 14-page illustrated guide that elaborates on different applications of the gun for best results.
- It comes with a highly effective TENS unit. Also known as the Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator, known to be a great innovation of the modern era.
The massage gun comes with a lithium-ion battery that can run for up to four hours after a complete full charge. Its single button operation makes it convenient to use with five-speed levels.
There are multiple uses like blood flow stimulation, pain relief, relieving muscle spasm, and promoting recovery and rejuvenation for the body.
From 1,800 to 3,200 RPM of power, it is a dynamic massage gun suitable for all. It is quiet and does not make noise, making it great to use even in crowded areas. Similarly, it is designed to offer relief and comfort to athletic individuals who suffer regular strain and fatigue. Hence, even for an average individual, it delivers impeccable performance capable of reaching deep knots.
Overall, this elite massage gun is your single stop for everything related to massage. Even if you lack information regarding the use, it comes with a comprehensive manual. You don’t have to hire a professional masseuse anymore. This gun is all you need.
- High performance
- Sturdy grip
- Robust and ergonomic design
- 2 years of warranty
- Only 4 hours of battery power
2. Pure Wave CM7 Massager Review
One of the enticing factors about this massager is that it is used and recommended by several chiropractors, therapists and sports mentors across the globe.
Despite being a professionally used product, it is completely safe for self-use anytime. PURE WAVE also offers the leisure of learning how to operate the massager easily with the help of videos.
These videos are personal guides by Dr Robert Gonzales. Hence, you are learning the massaging techniques from the doctor.
Easy to operate, result-driven and sturdy performance, this massage gun is full of features that surpass any other available in the market, by miles.
The massager measures at 16.5 x 2.8 x 3.5 inches and weighing only around 1.75 pounds. There are six different attachments available with the massager. There is a soft air-cushion for more boney areas and a 6-head stick for the more muscular region. You will also find a scalp stick and massage oil stick to help with head and oil massages. Additionally, there is a facial tip slip for the face massage. It comes with a complete guide on how to use each one of them.
The PURE WAVE massager is full of features like:
- Dual Motor Design that offers two functions: Micro-vibration massage therapy and Powerful percussion.
- Offers great options for recovery and self-massage treatments.
- Dr. Robert Gonzales is available to teach and guide you.
- Ripple effect for knots and muscle spasms.
- Optimum oscillation offers in-depth percussion massage.
It is a great massager for pain management, increasing recovery or blood circulation. With its ergonomic design, you can reach any part of your body easily, especially the back. From facial to feet massage, it is a versatile tool that offers relaxation for any part of your body. More importantly, it comes with multiple attachments to increase its overall application. With video guides, you also learn various innovative ways to use this tool for the best results.
The massager uses a lithium-ion battery that recharges within 1 hour and offers operations for 2 hours. It has a strong life cycle of 2-5 years, depending on the charging cycles. Its lithium-ion battery can offer up to 1,000 charging cycles without declining in performance. It is advised to not put too much strain on the motor, though. There is a potential overheating or fire hazard. So maintaining it is important.
Here is another brilliant addition to the list, the Pure-wave CM7 massager. This one, in particular, comes with a dual-motor design that allows dual waves that can work wonders for your knots and muscles to reduce spasm and deliver relief. It follows the modules of powerful percussion and micro-vibration massage therapy.
- Six different massage heads
- Dual-motor for dual-waves
- 90 Day Moneyback Guarantee
- Comfortable design to reach any body part
- Video guides for best performance
- The battery only lasts 2 hours per charge
- Offers limited warranty
3. WBM Smart Massager Review
Hypervolt offers you a small and light, aesthetically pleasing massage gun with a vibrant colour theme. It also comes with an LCD display making it visually appealing.
Apart from the appearance, it is a robust massager with different attachment options that makes it a versatile choice.
With large battery capacity and higher performance time, Hypervolt Plus is highly relaxing device with apt use of vibrations to reach your core.
With its silver and black combination and metallic luster, it offers piercing blue lights for LCD Screen. This massager resonates with the visualization of how a high-tech massager of the modern era would look like. Its non-slip grip and gun-like module allow you to reach any part of the body comfortably. It weighs around 3 pounds that does not feel heavy when you use it for massaging.
- 2,600*4 mAh battery that takes 3 hours to full charge and offers 5 hours of non-stop performance.
- LCD Touch screen display that offers comfort and convenience of modern innovations.
- Low sound production ranging from 30 to 55 decibels, depending on the motor settings.
- 30 speeds, or 3 different speed settings that can reach up to 3,200 rounds per minute of exceptional performance.
- Six different massage head attachments for multiple purposes covering muscles, tissues, bones, and spine.
The six attachments allow you to massage all muscle groups and even reach deeper damaged tissues. It promotes muscle relaxation and increases plasticity for better bodily functions. With its fork-like attachment, you can also massage your spine, tendons and Achilles heels easily. There are smaller attachments that work at a lower speed to offer a lower level of vibration and relaxation, especially suitable for sensitive areas like the face. The ball-shape will enable you to have muscular massages for arms and calves.
Due to the touch screen LCD, you can use the plus or minus sign to select speed ranging from thirty different variations, while it offers three gears separately for standard settings available in different massagers in the market. Hence, you get the performance of a customized massager.
Comparing it to the other massagers in its league, the Hypervolt offers a firm grip and soft touch for massaging. It can run for up to 6 hours when completely charged. As it comes with a 2,600*4 mAh lithium-ion battery, you can expect a long life without any decline in performance. Its 24 V brushless DC motor helps in offering great performance with minimal noise production.
It is a great addition for those who seek a high-tech and flexible massager that can offer versatile functions. There is also a 5 to 6 hours of performance time and it has a sleek design. Overall, it is a good choice if you want a stylish massager you can pull out anywhere, anytime.
- Five hours of working time
- Six attachments covering all body parts
- Non-slip grip
- LCD Touch Screen operations
- Takes 3 hours to charge fully
- Limited warranty period
4. Vybe Pro Percussive Massager Review
This massager is perfect for any fitness enthusiast, whether you’re a heavy weight lifter or a CrossFit practitioner.
It comes with a 100% customer satisfaction or full money-back guarantee that further reinforces its reliance and speaks for its performance.
Rejuvenate and revive your sore muscles and recover your injuries with this fantastic option among the list of massagers available in the market.
With 2.5 pounds of weight and 9 x 11 x 3 inches of dimensions, the light, and ergonomic design is certainly something that makes it desirable. It offers easy power switch and power mode with convenient buttons to adjust the speed. The cordless feature also makes it highly desirable. Compared to others on the list, it is one of the smaller devices that offer higher performance that makes it stand out.
- Five different header options. Fork, Ball, Flat, Wedge and Bullet heads to suit different body parts.
- 24 V double bearing DC motor with a 12 mm amplitude for quiet performance (60 db, max).
- 9-speed settings that go from 1,800 to 3,400. At least 200 RPM higher than standard massager guns.
- Three hours of battery life while you only need 30 minutes of massaging session with this device.
- Deep percussion performance that reaches every body part.
- Strong casing and storage options for portability and traveling purposes.
- Offers maximum force of 33 pounds.
The pulsating action of Vybe massager reaches deep inside the body to offer the best relaxation and recovery options. With five different attachment heads, you find options to apply it to any part of your body. Its protective silicone cover prevents any accidental slips while absorbing vibrations to offer a stable massaging motion. The company boasts limitless usage. Hence, it depends upon your creativity and imagination about how you can use this beautiful masterpiece of a massager.
Vybe comes with the minimalistic vibration sensation and more percussion-oriented performance. With a little more tweak than other massagers, it can reach the RPM range of 1,800 to 3,400. It also offers up to nine different speed settings. Its Lithium-ion battery offers three hours of non-stop performance after one complete full charge. The double bearing combined with 24 V DC motor allows for a quiet and stable performance.
Overall, if you don’t mind the limited warranty for such a strong contender in the list, Vype Pro Massager can be your ideal partner. This is a must-have for all the fitness enthusiasts for quick relief. Even 15 minutes of massaging makes you feel as good as new and ready to go back to work, or exercise.
- The silicone covering to absorb vibrations and offer fantastic grip
- 9-speed settings from 1,800 to 3,400 RPM
- Percussion and strong massaging capacity
- Quiet and versatile massaging gun
- Carrying case is portable
- Poor head inserting and removal mechanism
- Lower quality massager heads
5. Theragun G3Pro Review
Theragun G3Pro is a result of over ten years of research dedicated to offering the best massaging product possible. With the brainstorming of Dr. Jason Wersland, it is a massager that is designed for professionals but easily operated by all.
It is a high-quality product with state of the art technology. G3Pro is flexible with one of the most ergonomic designs available in the market. Full of features, it offers percussion, vibrations and massaging options like no other.
A product of the world leaders of percussion massaging, Theragun, this is perhaps one of the best options available for you.
Weighing 3.1 pounds, it is slightly heavier than others on the list, with the dimension of 10.4 x 7.9 x 2.8 inches. It has a unique angular module that makes it stand out from the competitors. The adjustable arm offers four different angular settings that work hand in hand with the ergonomic design and offers the utmost comfort for massaging. No more bodily restriction to reach your spot. A significant difference is in the presence of two swappable Lithium-ion batteries. It means that you can charge it and operate it twice non-stop.
- Triangle Handle offers multiple-grip options, making it easier to reach lower back and other tight spots.
- An adjustable arm that offers 4 different angles, further adding to its remarkable reach.
- Two swappable Li-ion batteries, each is offering 75 minutes of performance.
- Two-speed options that are scientifically tested for optimal effects and results. (40 and 29 percussions)
- Six unique attachments to function on different body parts.
- Capable of delivering the heavy force of up to 60 pounds without taking any toll on the grip and causing any vibration backlash.
You only need around 30 seconds of functionality with this powerful massager. With its 6 head adjustments, you will find optimal relief for every part of your body. You can use the percussion to stimulate blood flow or post-workout massages. With quick massaging, you can open up the jammed knots and rectify other issues for enhanced flexibility. Its multiple angular grips and adjustable arm will enable you to reach any spot imaginable with your desired grip. You are free to experiment with various grips or create your unique method of massaging with this device.
Each Li-ion battery offers 75 minutes of performance. Hence, you get up to 150 minutes of non-stop performance with two batteries. It is 50% quieter than its previous models, meaning it is one of the lowest sound producing massaging devices available. With scientific facts and doctor’s insights, the two speed settings are designed to match a human body and offer utmost relief.
Overall, you should not think twice before purchasing this massager gun. If only two speed options are not a problem for you, this is a perfect addition for a regular or athletic person in their inventory. More importantly, it also comes with two years of limited warranty.
- 60 lbs of force and 2-speed settings.
- Most flexible design and angular grip options
- 2 batteries options (Swappable)
- Needs only 30 seconds per muscle
- Adjustable arm
- Slightly heavier than other massagers.
the Best Percussive Massage Guns Reviews
Thrively vs. Hypervolt Plus
- Thrively comes with five-speed settings that range from 1,400 to 3,200 RPM, allowing users to set them according to their requirements.
- It comes with a single button option and ergonomic design of 15-degree angled hand for easy reach to any part of the body.
- Thrively offers from four to six hours of non-stop performance after a single charge.
- It is 1.5 pounds lighter than Hypervolt plus, standing at 2.2 pounds.
- Thrively comes with Tens Unit.
- In comparison, Hypervolt only comes with 20-speed settings in 1,800 to 3,200 range but offering wider options to the users.
- It seems to lack single button operations or the 15-degree bend; it is a simple handle, making it uncomfortable.
- Hypervolt Plus has a slightly better battery life with five hours non-stop performance that can peak at six hours.
- Hypervolt Plus weighs 3.7 pounds.
Hypervolt Plus vs. Theragun G3Pro
- Hypervolt Plus comes with a single battery that can perform for up to 5-6 hours after a single charge.
- It follows a standard gun-module design and does not offer anything special regarding the comfort of reach.
- Offers twenty different speed settings and comes with six attachments.
- There is a one year warranty with this massager.
- Theragun comes with two batteries that are swappable but only offers 150 minutes of performance, combined.
- It comes with an angular handle and an adjustable arm for a comfortable and convenient design.
- Offers only two-speed settings and comes with six attachments
- Theragun offers 2 years of limited warranty.
Hypervolt Plus vs. Hypervolt
- Hypervolt plus has a black design with a black silicone grip. There isn’t much difference in weight or size.
- It packs the power of 90 W motor, making it at least 30% more powerful than the base version. Despite packing power, it offers similar performance.
- The plus model follows it. However, it is $100 costlier than the base model.
- Hypervolt comes in silver color with a black silicone grip. It measures 11 by 14.2 by 3.5 inches.
- It packs the power of 60W motor and offers three to five hours of performance after a single charge.
- Hypervolt is superquiet with 55-65 decibels output and is $100 cheaper than the plus model.
Vybe Percussion Massager vs. Theragun
Vybe Percussion Massager
- Vybe follows the standard gun-like design but more compact than its competitors with 9 x 11 x 3 inches of dimensions. It weighs 2.5 pounds.
- It offers 33 pounds of maximum force with a 12 mm amplitude and nine different speed options ranging from 1,800 to 3,400.
- Offers three hours of battery life with a single charge and a single battery.
- Theragun comes with angular design with 10 x 2.5 x 8 inches of dimension and weighs 2.9 pounds.
- This one surpassed Vybe with 60 pounds of maximum force and 16 mm of amplitude. Although it only offers 40 and 29 PPS speed settings.
- Offers a total of 150 minutes of battery life, 75 minutes in each.
Does Percussion Therapy Work?
Percussion therapy is a method we use with the massager guns to target a certain muscle group or body part. It delivers vibrations to the depth of the selected part in order to loosen up the tightly knit or grouped muscle tissues. Hence, it relieves intense stiffness and other strenuous buildups.
Percussion Massager Benefits
There are many benefits to using Percussion Massager. You can use it for common conditions and injuries, sports and athletic training and rehabilitation. If offers:
- Immediate relief and recovery of a core muscle group.
- Joint and injury pain relief.
- Rehabilitation after physical trauma.
- Increasing blood flow and natural growth.
How to use Percussion Massager for Therapy
You can either use it regularly or on alternative days. It is also great for once a week. For the best therapeutic application, you can use a massaging gun for 15 to 30 seconds on a singular area. That is more than enough to offer immediate relief and rejuvenation.
As massagers tend to have different speed settings, most of the massagers come with ideal instructions regarding their use.
Additionally, using massaging oil is a great way to amplify the benefits of the massager, but they are not necessary.
Best Percussion Massager for Athletes
Theragun is known to be one of the best innovations for athletes across the world. Several professionals and chiropractors use their gun. It is due to the scientific and medical studies that support the massager. The two-speed settings prevent any mishap or overuse of the percussion massaging therapy. More importantly, you can always find videos and tutorials regarding the use of Theragun. For self-use, it has a comfortable handle and grip with an adjustable arm that helps in reaching even the stubborn body parts. Especially after a workout, when you are sore, or your bodily movements are restrictive, Theragun offers easy and comfortable reach anywhere.
Best Massager for Knots
Nothing can beat the performance of Thrively’’s Premium Edition massage gun. It is hands down, the best massager for the stubborn knots that form around your body. The percussion pressure will loosen them, and there are four different head attachments to choose from. Furthermore, you can also use beneficial oils to relieve pain and stress. It comes with a TENs unit that promotes the production of endorphins to make you feel better. With its single-button operations for everything and 15 degrees of the angular handle, it is one of the most convenient guns to use.
Best Hand Massager for Arthritis
PURE WAVE CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion and Vibration therapy massager is perhaps the best hand massager for arthritis. What makes it better is the supplementary head attachments. There are those that are perfect for someone suffering through arthritis. It is highly recommended by professionals. Most importantly, it comes with videos and tutorials for people suffering through various bodily conditions. Its dual effects of percussion and vibration in one make it stand out for the medicinal purpose.
The best handheld massager for Arthritis
While PURE WAVE’s massager is a great selection. For its compact size and lightweight application, VYBE’s Percussion massager gun may also fit the description for being a great selection as a handheld massager. Mainly because PURE WAVE’s massager is longer and maybe uncomfortable to operate at lower space. However, VYBE’s massager with its Gun design might just suit what you are looking for.
Arthritis Hand Massage Machine
A daily massage for fifteen minutes at moderate pressure offers benefits to an arthritis patient. You will find great relief in pain and better promotion of blood circulation. Hence, a percussion massager can prove to be ideal. It loosens up muscles, nerves and promotes a healthy flow of blood. It is certainly an essential tool to have.
Best At-Home Massage Products
There are certain qualities the best at-home massage productions should possess:
- Convenient Reach: They should be convenient to use and reach the body parts you normally can not reach. This should be the primary quality of an at-home massager. Because the entire point of these massagers is to eliminate the need of the professionals. To do so, it has to reach your desired spot.
- Effective performance: There are several massagers available. But a percussion massager at-home will prove to be the most effective. A massager should definitely be effective and carry out its functions precisely to be one of the best at-home massagers.